Convocatoria del Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo para cubrir una vacante en el Tribunal Administrativo
Grupo BID – Miembros del Tribunal Administrativo
Se invita a las personas interesadas a visitar la página www.iadb.org/es/carreras y pulsar “Busca Tu Pasión” (Requisición 1600003746) para ver la descripción de la oportunidad contractual. Las personas interesadas también pueden postular enviando su curriculum vitae y una carta de interés a firstname.lastname@example.org hasta el 31 de enero de 2017.
SRE/TRI – Member of the IDBG Administrative Tribunal – Tribunal Judge – Products and Services External Contractual (PEC)-1600003746
Administrative Tribunal of the Inter-American Development Bank Group (IDBG)
Member of the IDBG Administrative Tribunal – Tribunal Judge – Products and External Services Contractual (PEC) – Two (2) Contractual Opportunities
Terms of Reference
Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (“IDB” or “Bank”) works to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, IDB helps improve health and education, and advance infrastructure. It aims to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. It is today the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean, providing loans, grants, and technical assistance, and conducting extensive research. The IDB maintains a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of increased integrity, transparency, and accountability.
The Inter-American Investment Corporation (“IIC” or “Corporation”) is a member of the Inter-American Development Bank Group committed to the development of Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector. The IIC supports the private sector and state-owned enterprises through financing in the form of loans, equity investments, and guarantees. Further, the IIC provides advisory and training services.
The Administrative Tribunal of the Inter-American Development Bank Group (“Administrative Tribunal” or “Tribunal”), established by the Board of Executive Directors of the IDB in 1981, hears and passes judgment upon any application by which an Employee of the Bank or of the Corporation alleges non-observance of his or her contract of employment or terms and conditions of appointment. In the context of this mandate, the Administrative Tribunal has reviewed, on average, 3 to 5 applications per year.
The Statute of the Administrative Tribunal, approved by the Board of Executive Directors of the IDB, established that the Administrative Tribunal shall be composed of seven members. Members of the Tribunal shall be persons of recognized professional competence and integrity who have the necessary qualifications to occupy a similar position in the highest judicial courts of their countries or who are jurisconsults of recognized competence.
Members of the Tribunal will be appointed by the Board of Executive Directors of the IDB from a list of candidates presented to it by a Nominating Committee
Members of the Tribunal
The Tribunal has the authority to conduct hearings, examine evidence, make decisions and render judgments on controversies and disputes between the Bank or the Corporation and their respective Employees. In carrying out its functions the Tribunal shall not be subject to the laws or jurisprudence of any of the Bank’s or the Corporation’s member countries or any of their political or administrative subdivisions.
Members will be bound by the Statute of the Administrative Tribunal and its Rules of Procedure.
- Make decisions and pass judgments based on the Agreement Establishing the Bank or the Agreement Establishing the Corporation, as applicable, and the respective written and approved policies, the rules and regulations of their respective Boards of Governors and Boards of Executive Directors, the Staff Retirement Plans, and the personnel and administrative policies in force at the time of the alleged non-observance.
- Protect the confidentiality of information taking into account the policies of the Bank and the Corporation.
- Promote the efficient functioning and the expeditious adjudication of matters within the Tribunals’ jurisdiction.
- Decide on the admissibility of applications presented by employees based on the Rules of Procedure of the Administrative Tribunal.
- Interpret the terms of the employment agreements between the Bank or the Corporation and their respective Employees, and the terms and conditions of appointment.
- Review and decide the request to suspend contested decisions.
- Conduct oral hearings where the Tribunal concludes that such hearings are deemed appropriate to the resolution of the cases.
- Conduct the discovery process of the cases.
- Consideration of cases and the conduct of the discovery process through technological means such as videoconferencing and teleconferencing, as determined by the President of the Tribunal.
- Participate in the Administrative Tribunal’s sessions at the principal office of the Bank or elsewhere, as requested by the President of the Tribunal.
- Work in Panels of three judges appointed by the President of the Tribunal to each case, unless the exceptional circumstances of the matter merit the consideration by the full Tribunal (seven judges).
- Experience with administrative law or conflict resolution mechanisms involving international organizations, to address issues such as contracts of employment, and terms and conditions of appointment.
- Good analytical and evaluative skills combined with good judgment in the resolution of cases.
- Understanding of duties and obligations of international civil servants and multi-cultural environments.
- Judicial temperament and objectivity.
- Demonstrated integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proven presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a team with members having different origins and cultures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; exposure to international and multicultural environments.
- Ability to work with information technology communications tools such as video and teleconferencing is preferred.
Payment and Conditions of Employment
Members of the Tribunal will receive financial compensation as regulated by the IDB’s Board of Executive Directors.
Academic Degree / Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Advanced degree (Master’s degree, JD, or Licenciatura) in Law. 15+ years of professional experience. 10+ years of substantial relevant professional experience is preferred.
Languages: Command of Spanish and English is required; advanced proficiency in Portuguese is highly desirable, as is proficiency in French.
Areas of Expertise:
- Candidates must hold the necessary qualifications to occupy a similar position in the highest judicial courts of his/her country or be a jurisconsult of recognized competence.
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience in administrative law and conflict resolution mechanisms in the context of international development organizations is preferred.
- Recognized professional competence and integrity.
Characteristics of the Consultancy
- Consultancy category and modality:Products and External Services contractual (“retainer’).
- Contract duration: 6 years, non-renewable term.
- Place(s) of work: Remote Wor